Tuesday, November 26, 2013

DIY Wedding Programs


 
I created my own wedding programs as I couldn't find anything in my budget nor could I find exactly what I was looking for. I have very little artistic ability so if I can do this so can you!
 
How I went about doing it:
 
I used Microsoft Publisher to create my wedding programs. This was the most time consuming part of the project.
I bought the Kraft Paper from Hobby Lobby. They were actually full sheets that I had cut in half after they were printed from OfficeMax.
I bought craft scissors and a hole punch from Hobby Lobby to cut around the edges to give it some rustic feel instead of having a straight edge. The hole punch was used to punch a small hole in the corner so I would be able to use the twine to tie the knot in the corner.
I also got the twine from Hobby Lobby.
 
After they were created in Publisher, I saved the finished program to my USB drive and took it to OfficeMax where they printed them and cut them all in half. All I had left to do was cut them with the craft scissors, punch a hole in the corner, and tie the knot with the twine.
 
I would say the total estimated time it took me to do this would be about ten hours. I spilt it into stages and didn't do it all in one day. I would say I spent about $45 dollars on everything. Really easy and cheap! I had a lot of fun doing it so if you need any help or have questions about the process comment on my page and I'd be more then happy to help you!

No comments:

Post a Comment